The Regis F. Groff Foundation was created in October 2014 to celebrate the life and legacy of the Honorable Regis F. Groff.
To exemplify the life’s work of Regis Groff, the mission of the Regis F. Groff Foundation (RFGF) is to continue the legacy of public service, the passion for education and the unyielding determination to help young people change the trajectory of their lives and their world.
One of the goals of RFGF is to financially assist graduating students from Denver Public Schools who have exhibited a genuine interest in government and public policy and foster a new generation of leaders who will work to improve the world around them.
Created to carry on the legacy of Senator Regis F. Groff, the foundation is pleased to offer at least two (2) scholarships for 2018 Denver Public School graduating seniors. To be considered, the student must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a 2018 Denver Public School (DPS) graduate
- Must have a minimum cumulative unweighted grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Must show proof of acceptance and enrollment into an accredited, four-year college or university
- Must show proof of demonstrated interest in government or public policy as a career path
The following should accompany the application postmarked by no later than April 8, 2018:
- Completed application (Application Emerging 2018)
- Official high school transcript in sealed envelope (can be mailed separately by school official but must be postmarked by Saturday, April 8, 2018)
- Copy of typed essay (listed on application)on given topic
- Copy of official letter of acceptance into college or university
- Copy of enrollment letter into college or university of student’s choice
- Two (2 ) letters of recommendation (personalized)
- Personal statement from scholarship candidate
Both female and male minority students are encouraged to apply for this scholarship. All applications and supported above-listed documentation should be postmarked no later than Saturday April 8, 2018.
Please mail to:
Regis F. Groff Foundation
Attn: Scholarship Review Committee
2079 Albion Street
Denver, CO 80207